Friday, February 11, 2011

And the Grand Prize Winner is....

As most of you know, a couple weeks ago was a bit of a bumpy ride for me.  With everything bad there was actually a little bit of good.  After my ultrasound that confirmed the bad news about the pregnancy that wasn't to be, I went home to check my emails.  I had almost 200 emails to go through(I get ALOT of spam!!)  There was one with a title "Congratulations" from Hayley Maxwell (not a name I knew) that almost got deleted but, it wasn't marked spam so, thought I'd better check it.  About four emails below it was one from Groupon with a title "Congrats! Groupon and FitOrbit Grand Prize Winner".  I was going to delete it because I had already had a pretty bad day and didn't want to hear about the person who won the Grand Prize because I was pretty sure it wasn't me.  I gave in to my curiosity, opened it and to my surprise it was ME who was the Grand Prize winner.

I barely remembered entering the contest but, once I thought back, I realized I had won a trip to LA.  I am leaving on March 3rd (by myself) and fly to LA first class.  I'm staying at The Viceroy hotel in Santa Monica and I get to meet the man who started FitOrbit, Jake Steinfeld.  I have lunch with him and then I have a workout with one of their elite trainers.  FitOrbit is an online training program so, I'm pretty excited (read, scared to death) to work out with one of their elite trainers!

I was going to post sooner about this but, I was having a hard time believing it was true but, I now have my airline tickets hotel reservation so, I guess there is no turning back!  I'm very excited to go on this trip but, I'm nervous because it's the first time in a long time that I've travelled by myself.  It is a very quick trip but, it will be a nice getaway for me.  I'm staying just a few blocks from where we were a couple years ago so, at least it's familiar territory for me.  (Plus, there is a brand new mall about 3 blocks away that I'm thinking about checking out!!)

I promise that I'll let everyone know how the trip went when I get back, that should be an interesting post, LOL! 

Enjoy your weekend everyone and I'll be back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's great Peggy! All mom's should get some time to themselves. Enjoy the sunshine.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete