Monday, May 3, 2010

Potty Training, Big Girl Beds and Needles!!

So my title kind of says it all. I've had an interesting few days. My daughter is in the process of toilet training and she has moved out of her crib and into a big girl bed. Part of her first night was actually spent in Mommy & Daddy's bed. (She scooted into our room once we put her to bed). We discovered her when we went to bed and Daddy carefully transferred her back. She has stayed in it since and I think she likes it because she has more room for stuffed animals. I'm not sure how she even has any room to sleep she takes so many to bed.

As for the potty training, it is kind of hit-and-miss. One day she does great and the next she wants to wear her diapers again. I'm sure that has something to do with her little brother being in diapers. The biggest problem is that she is such an independent little girl that she wants to do everything by herself but, she doesn't quite get the whole wiping concept yet! Let's just say it was a bigger mess to clean up than if she had just done it in her diaper. We are getting there and she is the type of girl who will just one day decide that's enough of the diapers, I'm going to go to the potty all the time now! I can't wait for that day!!

Last but, not least, needles. Cayden had his second round of vaccinations today and was a real trooper. Cried a bit but, settled immediately with a bottle. He was doing so well that we took a road trip in to see some of the ladies I used to work with. It's only our second drive just the two of us and he did great. Put on a great show for all the ladies, his Daddy would be proud, and then slept the whole drive home. He is such a good baby. Dania was too so I've been doubly blessed.

It is still surreal for me that I have this wonderful little family. I sometimes find myself just looking at my kids and thinking "they are really mine"! I'm sure when they are both in their teenage years I'll wish they weren't but, for now they are all mine, LOL!! I am a firm believer in fate and let me tell you, I am so thankful for everything I had to go through to get me to this place in my life. I know we often think that the grass is greener in someone else's life but, I wouldn't give up my brownish-green grass for anything!!

OK, so I really should be off to bed. Both my angels are sound asleep and tomorrow is another day of adventure for all of us. I need to be at my best to keep up with both of them. Sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment