Friday, July 23, 2010

High Expectations = Disappointment!

We were shopping last weekend and I realized how much Dania is like me. We were walking through the mall and she was saying "hello" to everybody she passed. Some people answered, while others carried on about their business. The ones who didn't say "hello" completely baffled her. She would ask Daddy or me, "Why they not talk to me?". It's heartbreaking to hear that from a 3 year old and even harder to explain. I'm like that too. Dania gets over it pretty quickly, there is always someone else around the next corner who is likely to say "hi!". For me it takes a bit more time. I've been thinking about it a lot lately and I just wonder how many times you have to be hurt by someone "not saying hello" before it's time to cut your losses and move on. I'm just not sure being friends should actually be hard work. I get you have to put time into everything that's important but, when you aren't getting anything back isn't that a sign to move on?

I've got a very soft heart and truly just want everyone to like me but, I've learned to accept that it isn't always going to happen. I hope that Dania will learn that sooner than I did. Not sure how good I'll be at healing my baby girl's heart the first time it gets broken. I am very blessed that I have a wonderful group of friends. It is sometimes surprising the people who are there for you. It's like that country song, "you find out who you're friends are...". Mine have certainly become more apparent over time and I am so happy for that.

Hope everyone has had a good week. Enjoy the weekend and I'll be back!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pegster ... yes, people can be cruel and rude and lots of people out there no longer have manners. Keegan and I see it sooooo often, he will hold the door open for someone and they just walk thru without a word. I wonder sometimes where our world is heading, even with cell phones and texting, people will be at a counter buying something and they will be on their phone, completely ignoring the salesperson, or ... last fall when Ivan and I and Keegan and Talia went to my aunts for a family dinner, three of the teens sat there texting the whole night ... I couldn't believe the parents did nothing ... Ivan and I are starting a new house rule, when kids come over, they leave their cell phone at the door. Anyhoo, u r an amazing mom ... and u will be amazing the first time (and all the times following) u need to help heal ur lil' girl's broken heart!!! Thanx for being you!! Love ya!! xo :)
    P.S. I have to go to bed, Ivan is giving me shit ... only one more night shift!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete