Friday, September 17, 2010

VACATION!!

Isn't it funny how the word "vacation" takes on a whole new meaning when you have children?!? I'm pretty sure that when we started packing we only had two children but, by the looks of how much stuff we have, I think they've multiplied!! It is just amazing to me how much "stuff" you need for two kids under 4 even for just a short one-week trip. Thank God we are driving because we'd never have gotten on a plane!! Dania is pretty easy, comparatively speaking, but, with Cayden, we wanted to make sure we had food and formula for him. We had a previous experience taking Dania into the States when she was only a couple of months old and we weren't able to buy the same formula there. Luckily, we had packed enough for our trip but, it was something I never expected. At least we are prepared this time. Then there is the entertainment because heaven forbid the 3 year old gets bored. She's picked out her favourite movies, stuffies and books but, I'm sure there will be something we forget!

I truly am looking forward to our family vacation. We are headed to Montana and it will be nice to see some different areas. Hopefully I won't have lost my mind before I get back but, I'll try to keep you posted! Hope everyone has a great weekend and I'll check in again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I so know what you mean. Vacations are just not the same with kids. Wait till the first time you fly somewhere without them. The flight itself will be a vacation. You won't know what to pack in your carry on, because it won't be filled with toys and crayons and kids books. =)

    Hope you are enjoying the vacation.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete