Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mom

Have you ever just had one of those weeks?!? My Dad called me Monday and told me Mom was in the hospital.  She'd been sick since Saturday and they finally admitted her to the ER(she was there Saturday & Sunday and was sent home being told she had a stomach flu?!?).  The hospital had no empty beds so she was in the ER until yesterday when she was admitted to a bed.  Today Dad called and she is having surgery as we speak.  I'm sure I've mentioned this in my other blogs but, it is hard to be so far from home.  I love my Dad but, I never get enough information from him so, I never really know what's truly going on.  He knows I'm a worry-wart so he tries to keep the details from me.  What I do know is that Mom has a bowel obstruction and an infection.  She had a bout of diverticulitis a year and a half ago so, if the infection is in the same area they may have to re-sect some of her bowel.  I think the surgery may be partly exploratory just so they can find out what is going on.  My biggest worry is what is obstructing her bowel.  I'm sure it's not normal but, my mind always seems to go to the worst case scenario.  I'm trying to stay positive and send her lots of positive thoughts but, it is so hard when I'm so far away.  I hope the surgery is successful and Mom will feel better soon.  I'll keep you all posted.

Must run and get lunch into my children.  Just want Mom to know her West Coast family is thinking of her and sending all their love to Noni!!  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment