Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's Been a Long Time!

 


 Can it really have been over 3 months since my last post?!?  I can't believe it but, the proof is in the pudding, or in this case, the blog!  This could be a long one since there has been a bit going on around here!  Our summer was much too short and the weather never really seemed to co-operate and when it did, it seemed to be a work day when we couldn't take advantage of it.  Our fall has been a completely different story and has been beautiful.  We've had some visitors for the last few weeks.  My Mom & Dad arrived on the 29th of September with my niece, Leandra!  My sister, Patti, was working here in Calgary for a week so, Leandra came out with Mom & Dad and she & Patti spent the weekend with us!  We went to Banff and had a great time visiting.  Dania loved her BIG cousin Leandra and I'm really looking forward to the next time they are together!








Our next adventure with Mom & Dad was that we had our family pictures done!  We got pictures done with both sets of grandparents and it doesn't seem like much of a challenge until you remember that my busy little boy is not quite two and has a hard time sitting still for very long!  They turned out great and we will have some great keepsakes for the kids!  I love that we were able to get these done while Mom & Dad were here.  I never got pictures done with Nana & Cayden and it is one of my regrets so, I decided to take advantage of having everyone here and I just booked the appointment & we did it!



Work has been going well but, I have been picking up a few additional shifts.  Working 3 days a week is perfect but, financially it is really tight!  The one day extra a week actually makes a huge difference so, until we get that big lotto win, (wink, wink, karma are you listening!) I'll keep picking up some extra days.  It's a good thing I love what I do!!  Today was a perfect reminder of that!  I had a first-timer(a mammogram virgin, if you will!) and when we were done the exam, she gave me a big hug and thanked me for doing what I do!  It is definitely moments like that which make everything I do worthwhile!




Dania turned 4 in August, how can that have happened?!?  We had a birthday party for her and, yes, she got a bouncy castle again.  We actually had it for about 3 hours longer than we thought we would and the kids were in it for every single minute of it.  It is definitely money well-spent since I know she won't like bouncy castles forever!  This year she had the Princess castle Deluxe so she felt like a pretty special little girl, thank you Daddy!!



So, I think that's about it to catch everyone up and I am sorry it has been such a long time since I've blogged, it's feels good to be back and getting stuff off my chest!  Hope everyone has had a good weekend and I'll be updating again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment