It has been a busy weekend for us. Dania was out to her first birthday party on Saturday. It was great to see her playing with one of her dayhome friends outside of that environment. Her friend is a year younger and she just sort of followed Dania around the whole party. Our daughter did have a hard time understanding that it was someone else's party and her birthday was still a couple of months away. She didn't try to open any presents, thank goodness, but, she did keep her eyes (and hands) on all of the balloons most of the party. She had a good time and keeps asking if it's time for her birthday party yet! Guess we're getting to the age where birthdays mean a little bit more to her. We had our Father's Day supper after the party, BBQ steak and lobster. Daddy was pretty happy about that! I'm not much of a cook but, I can shell a lobster with the best of them. It was a great way to end a great day!(even the weather co-operated for the most part!)
As a final thought, I hope all the fathers out there had a great Father's Day. Our family had a great one but, I am celebrating with a bit of a heavy heart. A girlfriend from back home lost her 20 year old son in a tragic car accident on Friday. I can't even imagine how she must be feeling. I've been hugging my children a little bit tighter this weekend and saying a lot of "thank you's" for being so lucky to have such healthy, happy babies. It's sad that it often takes a tragedy to make us appreciate what we are so blessed to have. Life really is too short and we have to learn to appreciate EVERY day!
Happy Father's Day to everyone, especially my Dad and my husband!! Hug your children a little closer tonight and try to enjoy every moment! Good night all!
Ummm steak and lobster! Sounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteThat's so hard when someone you know loses someone they love....
Jenn