Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Nana!

Yesterday my Nana lost her battle with pancreatic cancer. She passed very peacefully at home with my Mom & Dad. (My Mom was with her when she died.) She was 92 and had a wonderful life. Her husband, my grandpa, passed away in 1986 and I know she has been missing him since then so it's comforting to me to know that they are together now. I feel very detached from the whole thing because I am so far away. I'm sure our first visit back home when we don't stop at Nana's on the way to my Mom & Dad's will make it very real for me. I'm sad that my kids won't get to know their great-Grandma but, I'm glad she got to meet both of them. She was out to visit in January and I'm so glad I got to see her and she got to meet Cayden. My only regret is that I didn't take any pictures because we were planning a trip home this fall and I was going to take some then. My advice, don't miss any opportunities to take pictures, you might not get a second chance!

Nana was a wonderful grandmother and she will be deeply missed. I'm happy she didn't suffer too much and I know she is at peace now. I will cherish my memories of her and pass them on to my children as they get older. She might not be here in body but, she will always live in our house through our memories. I love you Nana! xo

1 comment:

  1. PEggy,

    I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I know it can be hard to be so far away as well. It's good that you have so many nice memories you can remember her with.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete