I made my first trip to Southcentre with BOTH kids by myself yesterday just to see Santa. (I do realize lots of Mom's go out every day with multiple children but, it is an accomplishment for me.) I was a little worried about our visit to Santa this year. Dania was very excited but, Cayden is at the age when things could go either way. When we arrived at the mall the line wasn't really that long and we only waited 15-20 minutes so I was pretty happy. Daddy met us there and he arrived as we were only one family from seeing Santa so it worked out perfectly!!
Dania happily climbed up onto Santa's knee and Cayden checked him out for about 5 seconds and then he was smiling and waving at everybody. It was pretty cute. Once the picture was done I asked Dania what she told Santa she wanted for Christmas and she replied, "I didn't tell him anything because I was a little bit nervous". It was very cute! I'm pretty sure she meant she was a little bit shy but, nervous was the word that came out.
Not sure how many years we'll get to enjoy having their pictures taken with Santa so I'm taking advantage of it now while I still can. It was a big tradition with our family and as a kid I always looked forward to my Santa visits. I hope my children will enjoy it as much as I did.
Now we are enjoying a quiet evening at home! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and staying warm. Glad it's a white Christmas out here but, I could do with it being a bit warmer!! I'm off for now, it's time for supper!
No comments:
Post a Comment