Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Next Stage

Cayden is rolling over as of Friday! I'm excited but, now it just means trouble. The first day was the most entertaining - he'd get over onto his belly but, his arm would be caught underneath and he would get so frustrated! By Saturday he had it mastered and is so proud of himself once he gets to his final destination! The worst for me is that he is already trying to get his knees underneath him so he can go and catch his big sister. I'm afraid the little bugger will be crawling soon and we all know that walking won't be too far after that!

Dania made some new friends over the weekend. There are 2 little girls that live two houses down from us and they were playing together all weekend. What a screaming match we had when it was time for our princess to come in for her nap!! I'm sure most of the neighbourhood was peeking out their windows to see what all the commotion was
about! What is the right way to explain to an almost 3 year old that sometimes you have to just stop playing and take a break?!?

We have also entered the dreaded "WHY?" phase. I hate to say that I'm wishing another stage away but, after about 1000 "But why Mommy?", I'm ready for it to be over right now! I'm sure I've got a long way to go so I'll just have to start coming up with better "because" answers, LOL!! The one thing that does balance out all the questions is, after she's done something great (i.e., going to the potty), she looks up at me with her sweet, innocent eyes and asks, "Are you so proud of me Mommy?". It melts my heart every time and makes up for all the naughty times at least for a couple of minutes!

All of these moments make me so happy that I finally did get to be somebody's "mommy". There were definitely moments that I thought the chances of that happening were pretty slim but, here we are and I am loving (mostly) every minute. (To explain the "mostly", there are a few temper tantrum moments that I could do without!!) Right now both angels are in bed and that is definitely where my body needs to be so I'll bid you farewell for now! Good night all and I'll see you again soon!

1 comment: