I've made a huge decision about my job, I'm stepping down from my old position and will only be going back 3 days a week. I'm excited to have more time at home with the kids but, I'm worried about finding a dayhome. Lots of places only take full-time children, others only take children over a year old and some I just wouldn't leave my children with!! I'm sure that is all adding to the "funk" and things will work out the way they are meant to. I have to believe that or I will make myself totally crazy!
When I had Dania, I suffered from postpartum depression (just a mild case) and couldn't wait to get back to work. I felt so overwhelmed with her and work was truly what I knew. I'd always worked full-time (sometimes even more than full-time) and it was my comfort zone. Lots of people said that once I had kids my priorities would change and I'd want to be home with them. Finally now with Cayden, and Dania being older, I truly understand what they were talking about. I'm excited to be home with them more than I'm away. I still have a few months to go before I'm back to work and am enjoying my time at home while I am so lucky to have it.
OK, so I'm pretty sure I've rambled on long enough for one night. I'm sorry it's such a jumble of things but, it's just where my head is at tonight! Things will all work out and I'll finally be able to exhale! Good night to everyone and I'll be back!
Working 3 days a week is the best thing EVER! A good balance of work and family.
ReplyDeleteI think it's normal to be in a funk sometimes. Know that you are a great mom and a great person, I love working with you.
I agree that finding the dayhome can be so stressful. But like you said you've got to have faith that it will work out. Are there helpful websites where you live with available dayhomes?
Good luck, Jenn